Diocesan Evangelical Fellowship
Wakefield Diocesan Evangelical Fellowship (DEF) seeks to serve and support the Diocese of Wakefield by:
- Affirming evangelicalism.
- Maintaining a place where evangelicals, both clergy and lay, can meet.
- Providing support and encouragement to evangelicals in the diocese by way of fellowship, prayer and teaching, and to this end inviting speakers to address the group.
- Facilitating the exchange of ideas, debate and discussion.
- Reflecting evangelical voices at diocesan level.
- Networking nationally with other DEFs.
About the DEF
Wakefield DEF is a member of The Church of England Evangelical Council (CEEC). The constitution can be found at www.ceec.info.
What the DEF does
- We meet informally several times a year over lunch. Time is set aside for prayer and focus on an issue. These meetings begin at 1.00pm, finish at 3.00pm and are geared towards those who are in full-time ministry.
- Once, or twice a year we organise an evening meeting with an outside speaker. These meetings are geared towards those who are engaged in ministry at any level.
Who to contact
Chair: Revd James Allison – 01422 883130 - email@example.com.