Wakefield Diocese works in close partnership with a variety of Christian denominations across West and South Yorkshire.
Revd Glenn Coggins is the Ecumenical Affairs Adviser.
Glenn Coggins is a member of the West Yorkshire Ecumenical Council. He is secretary of the Ecumenical Affairs group, which exists to encourage ecumenical co-operation and which reports annually to Synod.
Unity Post - the latest WYEC Newsletter - January 2014.
Glenn is available to give advice to parishes on how Canon B43 governs their practical relationships with local churches of other denominations, and on how they may operate agreements to share buildings with such churches. He liaises with the four Local Ecumenical Partnerships in the Diocese to encourage them to develop in accordance with Canon B44.
Glenn has a special involvement in developing the practical consequences of the Anglican-Methodist Covenant.
Ecumenical Affairs Adviser
Parish Ecumenical Links by Deanery
Click on the deaneries below to find parish ecumenical links (updated 2011):
Helpful resources and downloads:
- National ecumencial activity is supported by Churches Together in England.
- The West Yorkshire Ecumencial Council supports local and sub-regional activity.
- Canons of the Church of England - download from the CofE web site
- Anglican-Methodist Covenant - a web site to explore union between these denominations.
- 21 practical suggestions for working ecumenically (rtf file)
- The Methodist Church - West Yorkshire District (external link)
Resources from the Council for Christian Unity:
- Churches in relationship with the Church of England
- 21 steps to encourage local mission and unity
- Churches designated under the Sharing of Church Buildings Act
- Canon B43 - relations with other churches
- How any CofE parish can share worship with Christians of other traditions
- Check list - for the application of Canon B43
- Canon B44 - text and introductory notes
- How the Church of England shares in Local Ecumenical Partnership with other churches (Canon B44)
- Involvement of other churches in the life of Church of England parishes
- Salvation Army and Quakers - guidelines 2005
- Summary of Canons B1 to B42
- Code of Practice for Canons B43 and B44
- Ecumenical participation in Ordinations
- How dioceses can authorise ministers of other churches for work in single-congregation LEPs
- When ministers occupy houses belonging to other denominations
- Finance and LEPs - good practice
- Joint Confirmations - guidelines for good practice
- A Declaration of Ecumenical Welcome
- Anglican-Methodist Covenant - the Text
- Applying Canon B 43 in the context of the Anglican-Methodist Covenant