Wakefield and Huddersfield Episcopal Areas
Church of England schools are a vital part of the work and ministry of the Church. There are 96 Church of England schools and academies in the Huddersfield and Wakefield areas, comprising 93 primary, 2 secondary and 1 cross phase 3-16 school. Together these schools educate nearly 22,000 pupils from nursery to sixth form. We work closely with the five Local Education Authorities which exist within our episcopal areas to support church schools: Barnsley, Calderdale, Kirklees, North Yorkshire and Wakefield.
These Church schools are supported by the Wakefield and Huddersfield Board of Education. The core purpose of the Board of Education is to work alongside schools to:
- Support them in their task of providing high quality education inspired by Christian values and faith.
- Enable as many young people as possible to experience a Christian education.
- Encourage parishes to support and promote a Christian presence in all schools in their area.
- Help Christians in education live the Christian life.
More than 24,000 adults and children in Wakefield and Huddersfield areas glimpse something of the Christian life through daily worship and community living.
Please follow the following links in this section:
- Who to contact
- Courses and Events
- What are Church Schools?
- Church Schools in the Huddersfield and Wakefield Episcopal Areas - February 2014.
- SIAMS Inspections and Documentation
- SIAMS Reports
- Education and Training
- Publications, resources and helpful information
- Curriculum Resources
- Local Authority Agreed Syllabuses
- Wakefield Diocese Christianity Packages (password protected)
- Educational Vacancies
- Links to relevant education websites