Worship and Liturgy
Advisory Group on Worship and Liturgy
What the group offers and does:
- We offer advice in the task of constructing liturgy, with relevant consultation, for some of the significant events in the life of the Diocese.
- We assist clergy and lay people in the Diocese to think through liturgical concerns and offer advice, both general and specific.
- We keep abreast of current liturgical thinking – three of the Group are on Praxis Yorkshire, one sitting on the National Council. One member is on the Liturgical Commission. We run training events to assist parishes in liturgical change & development.
- We work in partnership to help offer training – with CME, Readers, Wakefield Ministry Scheme etc.
- We are a group of enthusiasts who enjoy sharing expertise where liturgy and music are concerned, and we are happy to work with clergy and parishes as requested.
Click here for useful links and resources (mostly external links).
Click here for more on prayer and spirituality.
Ven Anne Dawtry,
Chair of the Advisory Group on Worship and Liturgy.